Yakama Nations Farm – Production Manager
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: ENDS DECEMBER 3, 2021
Applications and complete job description can be picked up at the Yakama Nation Farms Office: 8351 McDonald Rd. Wapato, WA 98951.
Position: Production Manager
Wages: DOQ- Full-time/Regular Salary/Exempt
The Production Manager will be responsible for performing all aspects of running the farming and production activities of the farm, plus Human Resource and maintenance duties as assigned.
Contribute to the management operations and maintenance of all ongoing facilities and infrastructure for the farm including pumping and filtration stations; irrigation and drainage systems; industrial refrigeration systems; electrical systems; communications, security and emergency fire systems; HVAC systems; packing and storage buildings and equipment.
Manage farm production to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and to maximize profits pursuant to Yakama Tribal policies.
Oversees performance of production team members and provides appropriate performance evaluation, oversight, and direction.
This list of tasks is illustrative and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed. It does not imply that this position will perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage the operation with a strong understanding of farming and agricultural industry trends, cycles, competitors, technology, and development.
- Ability to understand and implement strategic planning of a produce company.
- Knowledge of the information technology necessary to maintain Yakama Nation Farms at a competitive advantage within the farming industry.
- Knowledge of Human Resource law, policy, planning and development to direct the rapid growth of a produce company.
- Ability to motivate and develop an efficient and effective executive staff.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to communicate effectively
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of successful leadership in the farming industry, with at least 3 years within a production environment.
- B.S. degree in Business and/or Agriculture.
- A combination of work experience and successful completion of training may suffice.
Necessary Special Requirements
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a valid Yakama Nation Tribal Driving Permit.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Bilingual English/Spanish desired but not required.