Yakama Nations Farm – HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: ENDS JANUARY 7, 2022
- Questions regarding the position please call: (509) 848-2982
- Applications and complete job description can be picked up AND submitted at the Yakama Nation Farms Office: 8351 McDonald Rd. Wapato, WA 98951.
Position: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Wages: DOQ- Full-time/Regular Salary/Exempt
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for planning, directing and the supervision of the Human Resources functions. The HR Manager directly participates in the development of policies and procedures, providing guidance regarding policy to employees of Yakama Farms. Provides support to department supervisors, managers, and directors to ensure that all necessary functions are completed in a timely and organized manner. The HR Manager will also be responsible for coordinating the Yakama Farms benefits plan.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Yakama Farms personnel policies and procedures.
- Provides department managers and supervisors information and assistance regarding HR procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing compensation system and consistent HR practices among all departments.
- Responsible for administering the Yakama Nation Drug & Alcohol-free policy which includes scheduling pre-employment, post-accident, random and reasonable suspicion drug tests.
- Responsible for administering the employee benefits plans. Will set up and oversee benefit meetings, assisting employees and department managers with eligibility dates, processing paperwork for enrollment.
- Will be responsible for various monthly, quarterly, and yearly departmental reports.
- Responsible for updating policy and procedures, employee incentive plans, job descriptions and announcements, assist in developing recruitment campaigns and training programs and participates in special projects.
- Must adhere to the highest level of confidentiality.
Qualifications and Competencies
Must have a BA in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field AND a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources or as a manager or Director with demonstrated successful experience serving in a high level managerial or supervisory capacity with the ability to successfully carry out daily duties. Tribal enterprise and/or Tribal government experience preferred but not required.
Necessary Special Requirements
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a valid Yakama Nation Tribal Driving Permit.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Bilingual English/Spanish desired but not required.
This list of tasks is illustrative and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed. It does not imply that this position will perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.