Yakama Nations Farm – FINANCE MANAGER
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: ENDS JANUARY 7, 2022
- Questions regarding the position please call: (509) 848-2982
- Applications and complete job description can be picked up AND submitted at the Yakama Nation Farms Office: 8351 McDonald Rd. Wapato, WA 98951.
Position: FINANCE MANAGER
Wages: DOQ- Full-time/Regular Salary/Exempt
The Finance Manager is responsible for effective development, implementation, and administration of the financial management system for Yakama Farms. The Finance Manager will assist the General Manager and department managers in short- and long-range planning and decision making. The Finance Manager will develop, implement, perform, and evaluate department accounting policies, procedures, record keeping and reporting systems. Responsible to operate Yakama Farms in compliance with Yakama Tribal, State and Federal Laws and regulations, ensuring Yakama Farms resources are managed in an accountable and ethical manner.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Yakama Farms personnel policies and procedures.
- Performs all company bookkeeping activities including but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury and General Ledger.
- Provides department managers and supervisors information and assistance regarding financial process and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure that all accounting is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Responsible for coordinating yearly audits with external auditors.
- Responsible for coordinating liability insurance coverages, benefits packages, and farming licenses and certifications along with the General Manager.
- Responsible for preparing financial analysis for the Farm Board and communicating to the Farm Board the results of operations.
- Responsible to work with the General Manager to prepare the yearly budget to be presented to the Farm Board and to Tribal Council for approval.
- Approves and processes all tax payments and Federal Tax Deposits.
- Coordinate and review all reporting requirements and ensure timely submittal.
- Responsible for various monthly, quarterly, and yearly period closes, reconciliations, and departmental reports.
- Responsible for updating financial policy and procedures and participates in special projects.
- Analyze monthly financial information and oversee reporting on the results of operations to the General Manager for Farm Board.
- Must adhere to the highest level of confidentiality.
Qualifications and Competencies
Must have a BA in Accounting and/or Finance and 5 years of Financial Management or Accounting experience. CPA and/or CMA desired but not required. Tribal enterprise and/or Tribal government experience preferred but not required.
Necessary Special Requirements
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a valid Yakama Nation Tribal Driving Permit.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Bilingual English/Spanish desired but not required.
- Datatech agricultural software experience preferred but not required.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment background check with previous employers and have no disqualifying felony convictions or other criminal history.
This list of tasks is illustrative and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed. It does not imply that this position will perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.