Yakama Nations Farm – ACCOUNTANT
ANNOUNCEMENT: ENDS JANUARY 13, 2022
- Questions regarding the position please call: (509) 848-2982
- Applications and complete job description can be picked up AND submitted at the Yakama Nation Farms Office: 8351 McDonald Rd. Wapato, WA 98951.
Wages: DOQ- Full-time/Regular Salary/Exempt
The Accountant is responsible for the effective administration of the financial management system for Yakama Nation Farms. The Accountant will assist the General Manager and department managers in short- and long-range planning. The Accountant will perform accounting procedures and record keeping. Responsible to operate Yakama Nation Farms in compliance with Yakama Tribal, State and Federal Laws and regulations, ensuring Yakama Nation Farms resources are managed in an accountable and ethical manner.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Yakama Farms personnel policies and procedures.
- Performs all company bookkeeping activities including but not limited to Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury and General Ledger.
- Provides department managers and supervisors information and assistance regarding financial process and procedures.
- Key contact for yearly audits with external auditors.
- Responsible for accounting liability insurance coverages, health insurance reconciliations, and farming licenses and certifications along with the General Manager.
- Responsible to work with the General Manager to prepare the yearly budget to be presented to the Farm Board and to Tribal Council for approval.
- Approves and processes all tax payments and Federal Tax Deposits.
- Coordinate and review all reporting requirements and ensure timely submittal.
- Responsible for various monthly, quarterly, and yearly period closes, reconciliations, and departmental reports.
- Responsible for updating financial policy and procedures and participates in special projects.
- Analyze monthly financial information and oversee reporting on the results of operations to the General Manager for Farm Board.
- Must adhere to the highest level of confidentiality.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Must have a BA in Accounting and/or Finance and 2 years of Accounting experience.
- Tribal enterprise and/or Tribal government experience preferred but not required.
- ERP software preferred
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of successful leadership in the farming industry, with at least 3 years within a production environment.
- B.S. degree in Business and/or Agriculture.
- A combination of work experience and successful completion of training may suffice.
Necessary Special Requirements
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a valid Yakama Nation Tribal Driving Permit.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment background check with previous employers and have no disqualifying felony convictions or other criminal history.
This list of tasks is illustrative and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed. It does not imply that this position will perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.