The mission of Yakama Nation Area Agency on Aging is to develop a community that promotes independence and choice for senior and adults with disabilities in the Planning Service Area 10 Boundaries.
CASE MANAGEMENT NURSING SERVICES
Nursing Services are provided to clients receiving services from programs administered through the aging and disability services admin ( ADSA). This program offers further enhancement of the comprehensive assessment and serves planning process for in-home & residential client by providing health related consultation to case management, clients, and caregivers in the development and implementation of community based long term cares services. Nursing to referrals from home and community services (HCS) and area agency on Aging (AAA) case management staff to promote the client’s “maximum” possible level of independence and contribute nursing expertise by performing:
- comprehensive assessment and service
- nursing assessment/plan review reassessment
- instruction to care provider & clients in basic care skills & continues educational classes
- care and health resource coordination
- evaluation of health related care needs affecting serve planning and delivery
FAMILY CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM
There are a variety of services available to support and help meet the needs of those who provide care to Elders who are low income, frail or has a disability and does not receive payment for the care.
- Information and assistance to resources in the community
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Any age caregiver caring for a low income elder who is 60 and older.
- Caregiver 60 years and older providing care to person with developmental disability.
- Caregiver is a grandparent or relative that is 55 years or older caring for a child or children.
Respite & supplemental services care recipient must meet 2 or more Activities of Daily Living requirements (ADL): eating, specialized body care, toileting, personal hygiene, ambulation, dressing, transferring to bed/chair, bathing, positioning, & self-medication.
Area Agency on Aging
91 Wishpoosh Rd.
P.O. Box 151
Toppenish, WA. 98948
Phone: (509) 865-7164
Fax: (509) 865-2098
Email: [email protected]